"Roll of thoes (sic) men that was on the Ground after the battle", addressed to Captain Wm. Nelles- 1812
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A muster roll, addressed to Captain (Johann) Wm. Nelles,(1769-1850, brother of Robert Nelles) titled: "Roll of thoes(sic) men that was on the ground after the battle". Although unstated, it can be assumed that the muster roll is from the 4th Regiment of the Lincoln Militia as William Nelles was a Captain in this Regiment during the War of 1812.
The 4th Lincoln was involved in the Battles of Queenston Heights and Lundy's Lane during the War of 1812.
Names included on the Muster roll are:
Beamer, John Dennis
Mills, John Sr.
Milmine, James Sr.
Nelles, John Sr.
- Date Of Event
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.00012 Longitude: -79.24958
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Grimsby Museum
- Please contact the Grimsby Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Grimsby MuseumEmail:email@example.com