Memorandum of Militia Pay due for July, 1815- Captain Henry Nelles
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A memorandum of Militia Pay due for July 1815. Men's names and amounts due are handwritten on paper. It can be assumed that these men belong to the 4th Regiment of the Lincoln Militia as Henry Nelles (1789-1841) was a Captain in this Regiment. The 4th Lincoln were known to have participated in the Battles of Queenston Heights and Lundy's Lane.
Names included on the Payroll:
Adair, David Jr.
Curtis, Lanson W.
Henry, John B.
Patterson, John I.
Zimmerman, Mathias Jr.
- Date of Original
- July 1815
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.13341 Longitude: -79.58291
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Grimsby Museum
- Please contact the Grimsby Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Grimsby MuseumEmail:email@example.com