Pay Roll- William Nelles Company
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A handwritten list of men who acknowledged receiving payment in full from Captain William Nelles (1769-1850) for their services in the militia. Although unstated, it can be assumed that the muster roll is from the 4th Regiment of the Lincoln Militia as William Nelles was a Captain in this Regiment during the War of 1812.
The 4th Lincoln was involved in the Battles of Queenston Heights and Lundy's Lane.
Names included on the Muster roll are:
Bridgman, William Sr.
Lymburner, Matthew Sr.
Miller, Robert John
Dills (Dils), Adam
Snyder, Adam Jr.
Swayze, Andrew Sr.
Taylor, William H.
Vaughn, Jacob (Capt.)
Book, Conrad (2)
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1949146927023 Longitude: -79.5621299743652
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Grimsby Museum
- Please contact the Grimsby Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Grimsby MuseumEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org