Record of Military Pay issued by Captain Henry Nelles- December 30, 1815
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A record of army pay issued by Captain Henry Nelles (1789-1841) for December 30, 1815. It is handwritten with ink and has an "X" through the figures on the front. On the back is the total of pays calculated along with some pencil calculations.
Nelles was a Captain in the 4th Regiment of the Lincoln Militia. This regiment participated in the Battles of Queenston Heights and Lundy's Lane. Nelles was also known to have been held prisoner by American troops during the war.
- Date of Original
- 15 December 1815
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1931626209261 Longitude: -79.5609283447266
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Grimsby Museum
- Please contact the Grimsby Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Grimsby MuseumEmail:email@example.com