Militia General Orders, Kingston- August 18, 1815
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Coffin, N., Correspondent
- Drummond, Gordon, Correspondent
- Earl Bathurst, Correspondent
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Militia General Orders from Kingston, dated August 1815, signed by N. Coffin, Adjutant General of Militia. The document contains an extract of a letter from Earl Bathurst, one of his Majesty's secretaries, to Sir Gordon Drummond, dated Downing Street, June 13th, 1815. The letter acknowledged the meritorious actions of troops under his command in Upper Canada during the War of 1812.
- Date of Original
- 18 August 1815
- Date Of Event
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.00012 Longitude: -79.24958
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Grimsby Museum
- Please contact the Grimsby Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Grimsby MuseumEmail:email@example.com