Military Receipt of Pay- Captain Henry Nelles to other Regiments under Command of Grimsby Residents
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Nelles, Henry, Correspondent
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A receipt of pay, dated June 2, 1814, from Captain Henry Nelles (1789-1841) to other companies within the 4th Regiment of the Lincoln Militia. This Regiment was known to have been involved in the Battles of Queenston Heights and Lundy's Lane.
Two handwritten pages are stained with brown age spots with some roughness around the edges and one hole in the middle of the first page at the fold. A small receipt is attached to the back with seals at the top corners. The receipts are also signed by the person who received the pay for each company.
- p. 3
- Date of Original
- 2 June 1814
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1958532818905 Longitude: -79.5595550537109
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Grimsby Museum
- Please contact the Grimsby Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Grimsby MuseumEmail:email@example.com