Certificate of Achievement- John Pettit, March 26, 1825
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Robert Nelles, Correspondent
- John Pettit, Recipient
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A certificate of achievement for John Pettit, Esq. of Grimsby for undertaking the task of carrying dispatches throughout the Niagara Region on behalf of Major Glegg and the military in April 1813. Pettit came to Upper Canada following the revolutionary war and, during the war, carried dispatches between various places such as Fort George, Stoney Creek, Burlington and Twelve Mile Creek. The certificate is written and signed by Robert Nelles on March 26th, 1825.
- p. 2
- Date of Original
- 26 March 1825
- Date Of Event
- April 1813
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1936006435859 Longitude: -79.5635032653809
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Grimsby Museum
- Please contact the Grimsby Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Grimsby MuseumEmail:email@example.com