The General Gazetteer; or, compendious Geographical Dictionary, in Miniature
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- R. Brookes, M.D., Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A pocket book originally written by R. Brookes, M.D. The book contains a description of the Empires, Kingdoms, States, Provinces, Cities, Towns, Forts, Seas, Harbours, Rivers, Lakes, Mountains, and Capes, in the known world in 1807. It also includes a description of the government, customs, manners, and religion of inhabitants within these locations. Illustrated maps of the world are also provided. Inside cover reads: "Given by Mrs. J.G. [Currie]"
- J.G. Bernard, 57, Snow Hill, For T. Wilson & Son, High Ousegate
- Place of Publication
- Date of Publication
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.25012 Longitude: -79.06627
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Niagara Historical Society & Museum
- Please contact the Niagara Historical Society & Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Niagara Historical Society MuseumEmail:email@example.com
43 Castlereagh Street
P.O. Box 208