Receipt of Payment for War Loss Claims- John D. Servos
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- John Henry Dunn, Esq, his Majesty's Receiver General for the Province of Upper Canada, Correspondent
- John D. Servos, Recipient
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A receipt for John D. Servos acknowledging the payment of 58 pounds, 17 shillings and 7 pence, or one third of his losses incurred during the war of 1812, from John Henry Dunn, Esq, his Majesty's Receiver General for the Province of Upper Canada. As the Receiver General, Dunn was responsible for the Government's treasury. He collected all revenue and was able to grant money for war claims. Servos was a Captain for the Lincoln Militia during the war.
- Place of Publication
- Date of Original
- 25 May 1833
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.25012 Longitude: -79.06627
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Niagara Historical Society & Museum
- Please contact the Niagara Historical Society & Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Niagara Historical Society MuseumEmail:email@example.com
43 Castlereagh Street
P.O. Box 208