Site of 244 Brock Street South 
still imageSeptember 2016 Colour photograph showing the site of 244 Brock Street South shortly after the building was demolished. The building was demolished to make way for the construction of the Brock Street Brewery.244 Brock Street South was originally constructed sometime between 1919 and 1934. It was the location of...
244 Brock Street South 
still imageSummer 2016 Photograph of the building located at 244 Brock Street South. The building stood on the northwest corner of Brock and Dunlop Streets.244 Brock Street South was originally constructed sometime between 1919 and 1934. It was the location of James Sawdon's coal and fuel business until 1967 when the...
Whitby teen missing, police concerned for her well-being 
newspapertext"Whitby teen missing, police concerned for her well-being," Whitby This Week, 7 Sep 2016
Children's Section at Carnegie Library, March 18, 1954 
still image18 March 1954 A black and white large format negative of the children's section in the Whitby Carnegie Library.The library was created through a Carnegie grant and was known as a Carnegie Library. Construction for the Carnegie Library began in early 1913 and the building was opened in 1914 at the north east...
Brooklin Flour Mills 
still imageca.1983 Colour photograph of the flour mills in Brooklin (Whitby).The Brooklin Mill was built in 1848 by Robert Campbell and is considered one of Ontario County's first flour mills. The original mill was a rectangular shaped building made out of brick. It operated as a mill from 1848 until 1991. In 2002...
Station Gallery 
still imageca.1983 Colour photograph of the Station Gallery in Whitby.The Whitby Junction Station was built at the foot of Byron Street on the Grand Trunk Railway in 1903 near the current GO Transit platform. The station closed in 1969 and in 1970 it was moved to the north-east corner of Victoria and Henry Streets...
Wegu Canada Incorporated 
still imageca.1983 Colour photograph of the Wegu Canada Incorporated facility in Whitby.Construction of the Wegu factory began in 1973 and was complete in 1974. The factory produced custom rubber moulding and plastic products. This photograph is one of 19 promotional photographs highlighting a variety of Whitby's...
Whitby Centennial Building 
still imageca.1983 Colour photograph of the Whitby Centennial Building on Centre Street.The Ontario County Courthouse was built from 1852-1854 on the west side of Centre Street between Ontario Street and Gilbert Streets. The architects for the building were Frederic Cumberland and William Storm of Toronto. This...
Brock Street South, Four Corners 
still imageca.1983 Colour photograph of Brock Street South looking north towards Dundas Street.The Four Corners is a business section of Whitby, located at Brock and Dundas Streets. It is the location of Peter Perry's business formed in 1836. This photograph is one of 19 promotional photographs highlighting a...
North American Van Lines Canada Ltd. 
still imageca.1983 Colour photograph of the North American Van Lines Canada head office in Whitby.North American Van Lines is a residential and commercial moving company. This photograph is one of 19 promotional photographs highlighting a variety of Whitby's buildings and spaces, including businesses, Town...
Totten Sims Hubicki Associates Limited 
still imageca.1983 Colour photograph of the Totten Sims Hubicki Associates Ltd facility in Whitby.Totten Sims Hubicki Asociates was an engineering firm, located on Hopkins Street in Whitby. This photograph is one of 19 promotional photographs highlighting a variety of Whitby's buildings and spaces, including...
Andrew Antenna Company Limited 
still imageca.1983 Colour photograph of the Andrew Antenna Company facility in Whitby.Andrew Antenna Company Limited, a subsidiary of Andrew Corporation of Illinois, USA, was incorporated in Canada in 1953. It occupied this building for over 30 years. This photograph is one of 19 promotional photographs...
BMW Eastern Canada Limited 
still imageca.1983 Colour photograph of the BMW car and motorcycle dealership in Whitby.BMW Eastern Canada was located on Champlain Avenue in Whitby. This photograph is one of 19 promotional photographs highlighting a variety of Whitby's buildings and spaces, including businesses, Town facilities, and...
Heber Down Conservation Area 
still imageca.1983 Colour photograph of 6 people at Heber Down Conservation Area in Brooklin.Heber Down Conservation Area is an area bounded by Highway 7, Coronation Road, Baldwin Street and Taunton Road, with access from Lyndebrook Road. William Heber Down was born on April 23, 1889 on a farm on the base-line...
Sklar-Peppler, Heintzman Limited 
still imageca.1983 Colour photograph of the Sklar-Peppler, Heintzman Limited facility in Whitby.The Sklar Furniture Limited was established in Oshawa and moved to Whitby in 1963. The land for the new plant was purchased in 1954 and the building was constructed in 1962/63. It later became Sklar Peppler Furniture, and...
Whitby Tourist Information Centre 
still imageca.1983 Colour photograph of the Whitby Tourist Information Centre in Whitby.Formerly the Whitby Tourist Information Centre, this building now houses the offices of the Lynde House Museum, located at 900 Brock Street South, at Burns Street. This photograph is one of 19 promotional photographs...
Canadiana Motel 
still imageca.1983 Colour photograph of the Canadiana Motel in Whitby.In 1960s the Canadiana Motel replaced the tourist cabins at the Algoma Tourist Camp. The Canadian Motel is located at 732 Dundas Street East, opposite where Lupin Drive meets Highway 2, east of Garden Street. This photograph is one of 19...
ITT Cannon Electric Canada 
still imageca.1983 Colour photograph of the ITT Cannon Electric Canada facility in Whitby.ITT Cannon Electric Canada was located on Cannon Court, off Consumers Drive, north of Highway 401. The American company relocated its site from North York to Whitby in 1973. This photograph is one of 19 promotional...
Cullen Gardens & Miniature Village 
still imageca.1983 Colour photograph of part of the miniature village at Cullen Gardens and Miniature Village.Leonard Cullen was a gardener, entrepreneur, and the founder of Whitby's biggest tourist attraction, Cullen Gardens and Miniature Village. He was born on February 5, 1925. In 1947, Cullen purchased John A....
Henry Street High School 
still imageca.1983 Colour photograph of Henry Street High School in Whitby.Whitby District High School was built in 1953/54 and opened on November 5, 1954. Additions were made to the school in 1957 and 1970. After Anderson Collegiate opened in 1961, it was renamed Henry Street High School. This photograph is one of...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit