We found 36 matching items.
Subject:  Pumping stations  Sort by:  Relevance
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Water Pump House in Winter, 1942 
Image  1942,   A black and white photograph of the water pump house in winter. The water pump house was built in 1904 and served until 1959 when a second pump house was built. It was later used for pumping raw water to industries. At bottom of photo: power house at whitby/42
Waterworks Pumphouse 
Image  c,1920,   Black and white negative of a photograph of the waterworks pumphouse on the shore of Lake Ontario. View looking east from the harbour with Heydenshore Park in the background. The waterworks pumphouse was built in 1904 on the shore of Lake Ontario, east of the harbour. The chimney was removed in...
Waterworks Pump House 
Image  c.1915,   Black and white negative of a photograph of the Whitby's original pump House. View showing the west side of the building. There is an unidentified man standing in front of the building. The Waterworks pump house was built in 1904 on the lakeshore between Whitby Harbour and Heydenshore Park. An...
Waterworks Pump House 
Image  c.1930,   Black and white negative of a photograph of the waterworks pump house. View from the lake shows the pump house at left and at right is the Methodist Fresh Air Home. The gates to Heydenshore Park donated by Colonel R.S. McLaughlin in 1929 are also visible. The Waterworks pump house was built in...
Waterworks Pump House in Winter 
Image  c.1945,   Black and white negative of a photograph of the Waterworks pump house in winter. View showing the pump house looking north-east from the pier at the harbour. The Waterworks pump house was built in 1904 on the lakeshore between Whitby Harbour and Heydenshore Park. An additional pump house was built...
Dismantling the Water Pump 
Image  March 1948,   Black and white negative of a photograph showing Public Utilities workers dismantling the old steam driven water pump at the pump house at the lake. The man on the far right of the photograph is holding a large sledge hammer. From left to right: Alfred Gordon, Jim Wilde, Charlie Read. In 1948 a...
Dismantling the Water Pump 
Image  March 1948,   Black and white negative of a photograph showing Public Utilities workers dismantling the old steam driven water pump at the pump house at the lake. Several of the men are holding sledge hammers while others are using wrenches. From left to right: Alfred Gordon, Jim Kirk, Jim Wilde, Harry Watson,...
Dismantling the Mains of the Water Tank on Euclid Street 
Image  March 1948,   Black and white negative of a photograph showing Public Utilities workers removing the mains beneath the old water tank that was located on Euclid Street. Charlie Read (second from left) is holding a flashlight. The men are gathered around a crank. From left to right: Harry Watson, Charlie Read,...
Waterworks Pump House 
Image  1933,   Black and white negative of a photograph showing the south side of the Waterworks Pump House. Public Utilities Commission employees are installing a new intake pipe in front of the building. The Waterworks Pump House was built in 1904 on the lakeshore between Whitby Harbour and Heydenshore Park....
Public Utilities Commission Employees at Pump House 
Image  1946,   Black and white negative of a photograph of employees of the Public Utilities Commission at the pump house. The men are lined up in front of the building. Back row (from left to right): Harry Stephenson, Alfred Gordon, Mike Kantores, Jim Kirk. Middle row: ______ Harris, Unidentified, Jesse...
Public Utilities Commission Employees inside the Pump House 
Image  March 1948,   Black and white negative of a photograph of Public Utilities Commission employees dismantling the old steam driven water pump. The men are gathered around the pump with tools such as sledge hammers and wrenches. From left to right: Alfred Gordon, Jim Wilde, Jim Kirk, Harry Watson, Charles Read,...
Pump House, 1941 
Image  22 April 1941,   Black and white negative showing the large pump in the pumphouse at Lake Ontario. Two unidentified men stand to the side of the pump.
Pump House Workers, 1941 
Image  22 April 1941,   Black and white negative showing two unidentified men at the water pumping station at Lake Ontario. Both men hold shovels.
Whitby Harbour, 1939 
Image  August 1939,   Black and white negative showing the east pier and pump house at Whitby Harbour from Lake Ontario. A lifeguard tower, donated by the Whitby Lions Club, is visible on the end of the east pier in front of the pump house.
Pump House, 1941 
Image  22 April 1941,   Black and white negative showing the east side of the pump house at Lake Ontario. Three men stand in front of the building, one of them is Herbert Pringle, manager of the Public Utilities Commission. The Waterworks pump house was built in 1904 on the lakeshore between Whitby Harbour and...
Waterworks Pumphouse, 1957 
Image  January 1957,   Black and white negative showing the Waterworks Pumphouse from Heydenshore Park. View looking west. The Waterworks Pumphouse was built in 1903/4 on the lakeshore between Whitby Harbour and Heydenshore Park. An additional pumphouse was built to the east of this building in 1959. The original...
Waterworks Pumphouse, 1959 
Image  1959,   Black and white negative showing the Waterworks Pumphouse from Whitby Harbour. View looking east from a signal tower. The new pumphouse under construction is visible in the background. The Waterworks Pumphouse was built in 1903/4 on the lakeshore between Whitby Harbour and Heydenshore Park. An...
Waterworks Pumphouse, 1962 
Image  February 1962,   Black and white negative showing the old Waterworks Pumphouse at left. The new pumphouse, built in 1959, is visible at right. The Waterworks Pumphouse was built in 1903/4 on the lakeshore between Whitby Harbour and Heydenshore Park. An additional pumphouse was built to the east of this building in...
Waterworks Pumphouse, c.1956 
Image  c.1956,   Black and white negative showing the old Waterworks Pumphouse at left. The Waterworks Pumphouse was built in 1903/4 on the lakeshore between Whitby Harbour and Heydenshore Park. An additional pumphouse was built to the east of this building in 1959. The original building was no longer used when a...
Waterworks Pumphouse, 1960 
Image  March 1960,   Black and white negative showing the old Waterworks Pumphouse. The Waterworks Pumphouse was built in 1903/4 on the lakeshore between Whitby Harbour and Heydenshore Park. An additional pumphouse was built to the east of this building in 1959. The original building was no longer used when a third...

Google Earth Google Earth [help]
Sort
Media Types
Contributors
Years
1900s 1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s 1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s 1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s 1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s 1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s 1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
1960s 1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s 1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Subjects

Only the top 100 will appear here.

Item Types
Groups
Creative Commons Rights
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit