Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection

Ontario Hospital / Military Convalescent Hospital
This group contains photographs of the mental health facilities in Whitby, Ontario prior to 1949. The photos contained within this group detail: construction progress at Ontario Hospital at Whitby; construction workers and construction equipment; construction progress at the Military Convalescent Hospital; soldiers at the Military Convalescent Hospital; a visit by the Duke of Devonshire; theatre stage performances at the hospital; interior and exterior views of the hospital facilities and site, including some aerial views; portrait photographs of physicians who worked at the hospital; and group portraits of graduates from the School of Nursing.

We found 2 matching items.
Subject:  Land  Sort by: 
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
East Pavilion and Grounds, C. 1930. 
Image  1930,   Black and white photograph of the view across the grounds to the East Pavilion of the Ontario Hospital. The Pavilions were built in 1921-22 and officially opened by Ontario Premier Earnest C. Drury on July 20, 1922.
Hospital Barn, C. 1929. 
Image  1929,   Black and white photograph of the barn at the Ontario Hospital. The barn was built in 1919 at the South-East corner of Victoria and the Farm Road. It was destroyed by fire on November 4, 1976.
Sort
Media Types
Contributors
Years
1920s 1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s 1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Subjects

Only the top 50 will appear here.

Item Types
Groups
Creative Commons Rights
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit