We found 21 matching items.
Year:  1966  Geographic Location:  Whitby   Creative Commons Rights:  Sort by:  Relevance
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Whitby Fire Department, 1966 
Image  1966,   Black and white photographic print showing the members of the Whitby Fire Department. Back row: Wayne Johnson, Erskine Campbell, Bud Dilling, John Visser, Doug Puckrin, Fred Hatch, Charlie Burns, Bill Jordan, Bob Huitema, Bob Correll. Centre row: LeRoy Mowat, Ron Hawkins, Harold Brown, Bob Duffy,...
St. John Ambulance Award, 1966 
Image  May 1966,   Black and white print showing John Visser receiviong a certificate from the St. John Ambulance Priory of Canada. He was awarded the certificate because he saved a boy from drowning at Sibbald Provincial Park on 22 August 1965. Left to right: John Visser, Brigadier Eric Snow.
Whitby Fire and Police Departments Hockey Game, c.1966 
Image  c.1966,   Black and white photograph showing members of the Whitby Police and Fire Departments dressed up for a friendly hockey game. Back row: Ernie Bowman (second from right). Front row: Unidentified, LeRoy Mowat, Ernie Stoneman, John Visser.
Whitby Town Council, 1966 
Image  1966,   Black and white negative showing the members of Town Council. This photograph was taken in the Council Chambers of the Municipal Building at Dundas and Henry Streets. Left to right: Hugh O'Connell, Tom Edwards, Vernon MacCarl, George Brooks (deputy reeve), Desmond Newman (mayor), Everrett...
Whitby Methodist Church, April 17, 1966 
Image  17 April 1966,   A black and white photograph of the Whitby Methodist Church. View is from the front. This Methodist Church was built in 1855/56 and opened on March 23, 1856. In 1876 it was replaced with the Methodist Tabernacle at 201 Centre Street South. In 1877, Reverend John S. Clarke divided the old church...
Whitby Methodist Church, April 17, 1966 
Image  17 April 1966,   A black and white photograph of the Whitby Methodist Church. View is from the side. This Methodist Church was built in 1855/56 and opened on March 23, 1856. In 1876 it was replace with the Methodist Tabernacle at 201 Centre Street South. In 1877, Reverend John S. Clarke divided the old church into...
Gilbert Street, February 1966 
Image  The Whitby Weekly News, Gilbert Street, February 1966, "Gilbert Street, February 1966," Whitby Weekly News, February 1966  ...The buckle factory at right was demolished in the summer of 1966 and Gilbert Street between Brock and Byron Streets were closed to allow for construction of an apartment building which was never built. A Safeway Plaza was eventually built on the site in 1976-77. The brick house at centre...
417 Green Street, April 17, 1966 
Image  17 April 1966,   A black and white photograph of 417 Green Street. This house was built in 1869 for Whitby jeweler James Johnston.
401 Green Street, April 17, 1966 
Image  17 April 1966,   A black and white photograph of 401 Green Street. This brick house was built in 1861 for Thomas Deverell, a Whitby contractor. An addition was built at the back of the house in the 1980s.
34th Ontario Regiment, October 23, 1966 
Image  The Oshawa Times, 34th Ontario Regiment, October 23, 1966, "34th Ontario Regiment, October 23, 1966," Oshawa Times, 23 October 1966  A black and white photograph of the conferring the Freedom of the Town of Whitby on the 34th Ontario Regiment. This picture shows the Regiment marching past the reviewing stand at the Whitby Municipal Building, 405 Dundas Street West. The man wearing the chain of office is Mayor Desmond G. Newman...
34th Ontario Regiment Presentation, 1966 
ImageMysteries:  23 October 1966,   A black and white photograph of the ceremony conferring the freedom of the Town of Whitby on the Ontario Regiment. The ceremony took place in front of the Whitby Municipal Building at 405 Dundas Street West. Mayor Desmond G. Newman is at the podium.
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, February 5, 1966 
Image  5 February 1966,   A black and white picture of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church. St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church was built in 1859 at the north west corner of Byron Street and St. John Street in Whitby. It served as a Presbyterian church until 1968. In 1993 the church was purchased and became the St. Arsenije...
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, February 5, 1966 
Image  5 February 1966,   A black and white picture of the interior vestibule of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church looking south. St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church was built in 1859 at the north west corner of Byron Street and St. John Street in Whitby. It served as a Presbyterian church until 1968. In 1993 the church was...
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, February 5, 1966 
Image  5 February 1966,   A black and white picture of the back of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church looking east. St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church was built in 1859 at the north west corner of Byron Street and St. John Street in Whitby. It served as a Presbyterian church until 1968. In 1993 the church was purchased and...
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, February 5, 1966 
Image  5 February 1966,   A black and white picture of the interior of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church looking west. St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church was built in 1859 at the north west corner of Byron Street and St. John Street in Whitby. It served as a Presbyterian church until 1968. In 1993 the church was purchased and...
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, February 5, 1966 
Image  5 February 1966,   A black and white picture of the side of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church. St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church was built in 1859 at the north west corner of Byron Street and St. John Street in Whitby. It served as a Presbyterian church until 1968. In 1993 the church was purchased and became the St....
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, February 5, 1966 
Image  5 February 1966,   A black and white picture of the interior of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church looking west. St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church was built in 1859 at the north west corner of Byron Street and St. John Street in Whitby. It served as a Presbyterian church until 1968. In 1993 the church was purchased and...
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, February 5, 1966 
Image  5 February 1966,   A black and white picture of the front door of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church. St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church was built in 1859 at the north west corner of Byron Street and St. John Street in Whitby. It served as a Presbyterian church until 1968. In 1993 the church was purchased and became the...
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, February 5, 1966 
Image  5 February 1966,   A black and white picture of the interior of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church looking east. St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church was built in 1859 at the north west corner of Byron Street and St. John Street in Whitby. It served as a Presbyterian church until 1968. In 1993 the church was purchased and...
Burr Lodge, October 23, 1966 
Image  23 October 1966,   A black and white photograph of Burr Lodge. Burr Lodge is located at 918 Centre Street South on the block bounded by Centre, James, King and Burns Streets. It was built in the 1850s by James Wallace and in the 1860s and 1870s was the residence of Chester Draper, owner of Whitby Harbour. The...
Gerald Robinson, 1966 
ImageComments:  1966,   ...Gerald Robinson was born at Tara on 27 July 1927. He came to Whitby on 1 April 1956 to serve as police constable. He rose to the positions of acting sergeant and detective sergeant and was appointed deputy chief of the Whitby Police Department in 1966. In 1974 he joined Durham Regional Police...

Google Earth Google Earth [help]
Sort
Media Types
Contributors
Years
1960s 1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Subjects

Only the top 100 will appear here.

Item Types
Features
Groups
Creative Commons Rights
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit