Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection

Ontario Hospital / Military Convalescent Hospital
This group contains photographs of the mental health facilities in Whitby, Ontario prior to 1949. The photos contained within this group detail: construction progress at Ontario Hospital at Whitby; construction workers and construction equipment; construction progress at the Military Convalescent Hospital; soldiers at the Military Convalescent Hospital; a visit by the Duke of Devonshire; theatre stage performances at the hospital; interior and exterior views of the hospital facilities and site, including some aerial views; portrait photographs of physicians who worked at the hospital; and group portraits of graduates from the School of Nursing.

We found 9 matching items.
Year:  1928  Sort by: 
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
School of Nursing Graduates at Ontario Hospital Whitby, 1928 
Image  May 30, 1928,   A black and white photograph of Nursing Graduates at the Ontario Hospital, Whitby. In the background is the nurses' residence. At far right is Miss Gertude Bryan, Superintendent of Nurses from 1921 to 1932. Third from the right is Myrtle Wilson. Back Row: Hazel Heath, Stirling; Agnes Webster,...
School of Nursing Graduates at Ontario Hospital Whitby, 1928 
Image  May 30, 1928,   A black and white photograph of nurses at Ontario Hospital Whitby holding flowers. At far right in the front row is Myrtle Wilson and third from the right is Miss Gertrude Bryan. Left to right: Hazel Heath, Stirling; Agnes Webster, Oshawa; Stella Wickens, Stirling; Leah T. Shorey, Milton; Myrtle...
Ontario Hospital Dining Hall, 1928 
Image  1928,   Black and white photograph showing the Dining Hall at Ontario Hospital.
Ontario Hospital Power House, 1928 
Image  1928,   Black and white photograph showing the west side of the power house at Ontario Hospital. The power house was located on the west side of Gordon Street, north of the staff cottage road.
Ontario Hospital Power House, 1928 
Image  1928,   Black and white photograph showing the east side of the power house at Ontario Hospital. The power house was located on the west side of Gordon Street, north of the staff cottage road.
Car outside of Ontario Hospital Infirmary, 1928. 
Image  1928,   Black and white photograph of the Ontario Hospital Infirmary, 1928, with an automobile parked outside. The male and female infirmaries were both built in 1916.
Ontario Hospital Ward Interior, 1928. 
Image  1928,   Black and white photograph inside of Ward Cottage 7 of the Ontario Hospital, 1928.
Nurses Room Interior, 1928. 
Image  1928,   Black and white photograph of the interior of Nurses Room Ward, Cottage 4 at the Ontario Hospital, 1928.
Ontario Hospital Nurses Residence, 1928. 
Image  1928,   Black and White Photograph of the Nurses Residence at the Ontario Hospital, 1928. The two nurses residences were built in 1923, and called Naomi Barker and Lena Davis Homes after two nurses who died in the First World War. The residences were officially dedicated on August 15, 1923and replaced by...

Google Earth Google Earth [help]
Sort
Media Types
Contributors
Years
1920s 1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Subjects

Only the top 50 will appear here.

Item Types
Groups
Creative Commons Rights
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit