Demolition of Ontario County Jail, 1960
- Thomas Bouckley, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photograph showing a stage of the demolition process at the Ontario County Jail. View shows the west wall of the jail after the red brick wall surrounding the property was removed.
- he Ontario County Jail was built in 1853 at the south-east corner of King and Gilbert Streets and demolished in February 1960. It was replaced by the new jail on Victoria Street in 1958.
- Date of Original:
- February 1960
Width: 10 in
Height: 8 in
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Recommended Citation:
- Demolition of Ontario County Jail, 1960, Thomas Bouckley, Whitby Archives, 07-002-005.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from copy photograph.
Copied from Thomas Bouckley Collection.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address