1615 Brock Street South, Castle Fox House (former Port Whitby Post Office), 1905
- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative of a photograph of a postcard of the post office at Port Whitby. The man standing in front of the building is Castle Fox, a shoemaker who lived in the house before it became a post office.
- This brick house was located on the east side of Brock Street (1615 Brock Street South), north of Watson Street. From 1894-1913, it was the post office for Port Whitby, after which the post office moved to the Goldring Store.
The house was demolished in July, 2016.
- Printed underneath the image: 'The Port Whitby Post Office'
- Date of Original
- September 1905
Width: 7 cm
Height: 7.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8601549585255 Longitude: -78.9334201812744
- Recommended Citation
- 1615 Brock Street South, Castle Fox House (former Port Whitby Post Office), 1905, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 11-001-027.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.