Goldring Store at Port Whitby, c.1911
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative of a photograph of a postcard showing the Goldring store at Port Whitby. There is a horse and cart in front of the store along with three people.
From left to right: John Goldring, Olive Goldring, Seymour Whitney.
- This frame store, on the south-west corner of Brock and Victoria Streets, was operated in the early 1900s by the Jackson family. In 1911, the store was purchased by Captain Richard Goldring. The Goldring family owned the store until it was demolished in 1967.
Richard Goldring's daughter, Olive, was a postmistress at this store from 1922-1967.
- Date of Original
Width: 7 cm
Height: 7.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8620718703618 Longitude: -78.9347505569458
- Recommended Citation
- Goldring Store at Port Whitby, c.1911, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 11-001-025.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.
Copied from Thomas Bouckley Collection.