Methodist Fresh Air Home, c.1910
- Heard Family
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative of a photograph of the front of the Methodist Fresh Air Home at Heydenshore Park. There are children playing in front of the building.
- The Methodist Fresh Air Home was opened in 1902 at the west end of Heydenshore Park. It was summer resort home for underprivileged children from Toronto. The building was demolished after 1932.
Heydenshore Park was a summer resort established around 1900 east of Whitby Harbour. A number of cottages were built there starting in 1900 and were demolished in 1965 when the private park was sold to the Whitby Public Utilities Commission. In 1971 Heydenshore Park was sold to the Town of Whitby.
- Date of Original
Width: 12.5 cm
Height: 7.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8471557724817 Longitude: -78.9062118530273
- Recommended Citation
- Methodist Fresh Air Home, c.1910, Heard family, Whitby Archives, 10-001-032.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.