Children at Methodist Fresh Air Home, c.1918
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Black and white negative of a photograph showing a group of children sitting on the steps of the Methodist Fresh Air Home at Heydenshore Park.
- The Methodist Fresh Air Home was opened in 1902 at the west end of Heydenshore Park. It was summer resort home for underprivileged children from Toronto. The building was demolished after 1932.
Heydenshore Park was a summer resort established around 1900 east of Whitby Harbour. A number of cottages were built there starting in 1900 and were demolished in 1965 when the private park was sold to the Whitby Public Utilities Commission. In 1971 Heydenshore Park was sold to the Town of Whitby.
- Date of Original:
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Children at Methodist Fresh Air Home, c.1918, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 12-001-033.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address