Dundas Street School Grade Two Class, c.1929-1930
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Black and white negative of a photograph of an image of a grade two class at Dundas Street School. The students are seated at their desks.
Students are named by row (left to right) from the front of the classroom to the back.
First row (at left): Don Kirby, Ruth McClellan, unidentified, Georgina Ridgley...
Second row: Unidentified, Florence Hawes, Phyllis Hilts, Josie Crocker, Roberta Campbell, Peter Hogg...
Third row: Abie Levine, Aileen Sebert, Bill Johnson, Carl Yacobosky, Jack McLean, unidentified, Morley Stephenson.
Fourth row: Doug Dair, Marie Williams, Violet Noble, Bob Hilts, Grace Richardson, Art Joynt, Helen Gale, Don Fitch.
- Dundas Street School, also known as the model school, was built in 1875 on the north side of Dundas Street west of Garden Street. It was demolished in the early 1960s but additions from the 1950s remained and were renamed Florence Heard Public School in 1974.
- Date of Original:
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- Dundas Street School Grade Two Class, c.1929-1930, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 10-007-018.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address