King Street School Grade Eight Class, 1942-1943
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Black and white negative of a photograph of an image of the grade eight students at King Street School. The students were photographed outside.
Back row: Ruth Pallock, Doris Burnett, Bernice Loudfoot, Shirley Foster, Merne MacLeod, Rene Matthews, Eleanor Bardley, Hilda Craig.
Third row: Jean Dudley, Gwen Fawket, Marilyn Hall, C. Curtis, Joyce Foster, Doreen Wilde, Marion MacLeod, Louise Underwood, Helen Palmer, Lois Foster.
Second row: Doug McGuire, Tom McGuire, Bernard Hancock, Ross Vanstone, Jim Gartshore, Bob Truman, B. Muschamp, D. Reed.
Front row: Curtis Toms, Tom Gledhill, David Haire, Wayne Willett, Doug Baker, Earl Lee.
- King Street School was built in 1921 on the block bounded by King, Dunlop, Henry, and Gilbert Streets. It was built to replace Henry Street School which burned down in 1920. In 1979 it was renamed R.A. Sennett Public School in honour of its first principal who served from 1921-1952.
- Date of Original:
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- King Street School Grade Eight Class, 1942-1942, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 10-010-042.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address