Brock Street School Room Two Students, 1929
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Black and white negative of a photograph showing an image of the students of room two at Brock Street School. The students were photographed in front of the school.
Back row: Unidentified, Joan Wilson, Jack Mesher, Cecil Alloway, Bessie Cameron, Sadie Local, Margaret Sleep, Lorraine Gibson, Margaret Kennedy (teacher).
Third row: Florena Young, Eleanor Gouldburn, unidentified, unidentified, Elizabeth Southwell, Grace Howard, Martha Crawforth, Erskine Campbell, Donald Pindar, Jim Neal.
Second row: Sam Mudrey, Craig Kerr, Peter Levine, Jim Crawforth, ___ Young, Warren Watson, ...
Front row: Charles Mesher,...Teddy ____ (far right).
- Brock Street Public School was built in 1916 on the east side of Brock Street south of Victoria Street. Also known as the Bay School, it served Port Whitby until it closed in 1969. The building was demolished in 1998.
- Date of Original:
- March 1929
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Brock Street School Room Two Class, 1929, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 10-006-015.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address