Whitby Collegiate Institute Bus with Students, c.1942
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative of a photograph showing an image of the Whitby Collegiate Institute school bus with students gathered near it. The school is visible in the background.
From left to right: Laurette Pegg, Marion McVey, Allan Clark, Eileen Sadler, Eileen Carson, Jean Mowbray.
- The bus was a converted hearse that transported students to and from Brougham and Kinsale to Whitby Collegiate Institute during the Second World War.
Whitby Collegiate Institute was built in 1873 and was located on the south side of Colborne Street between King and Centre Streets. The school was demolished in 1975-1976.
- Date of Original
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8778504011618 Longitude: -78.9448356628418
- Recommended Citation
- Whitby Collegiate Institute School Bus with Students, c.1942, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 10-001-110.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.