Whitby Grammar School, c.1860
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative of a photograph of a print of the Whitby Grammar School from an unidentified map of the Town of Whitby. The image depicts the school with two people standing in front of it.
- Whitby Grammar School was built in 1846 at 315 Colborne Street West on the south side between King and Centre Streets. A modern addition was put on the front of the building in 1872-1873 at which point the school became known as Whitby Collegiate Institute. The school was demolished in 1975-1976.
- Printed above the image: 'Lot No 26.'
Printed below the image: 'Grammar School Centre of 2 Concession N 74 E.'
- Date of Original
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8778504011618 Longitude: -78.9446640014648
- Recommended Citation
- Whitby Grammar School, c.1860, unknown artist, Whitby Archives, 10-001-087.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.