Whitby Collegiate Institute Cadets, 1946
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative of a photograph showing the last cadets at Whitby Collegiate Institute. The group is pictured together in the schoolyard.
Back row: ____ Ottenbrite, Eugene Quantrill, Jim Hoar, Dave Hare, Fritz Kahn, Bill Mowat, Jim Corner, Desmond Denver, unidentified, unidentified, unidentified, Clem Ottenbrite, Dick Broughton, Tom Richardson, Gerald Walsh.
Third row: John McKay, Ross Vanstone, Bill Bradley, Hans Kahn, Pat Shewan, Ed Cormack, Don Yuill, Eaonis Vorvis, ____ Church.
Second row: Gordon Neal, Doug Ross, unidentified, Beverly Moorehouse, Bob Purdy, George Winram, Jack Dewsbury, Norman Levine, Dough Williams, Sandy McLeod (second from right), Laddie Lions (far right).
Front row: Bill Wild, Harvey Blight, E.H. Graham (Principal), unidentified, Milton Mowbray, Elmer Austin Stephenson (Cadet Instructor), Tom Gladhill, Jack Moss, Everett Flemming.
- Whitby Collegiate Institute was built in 1873 and was located on the south side of Colborne Street between King and Centre Streets. The school was demolished in 1975-1976.
- Date of Original
Width: 6 cm
Height: 6.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8780978742517 Longitude: -78.9450073242188
- Recommended Citation
- Whitby Collegiate Institute Cadets, 1946, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 10-001-033.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.