Whitby Collegiate Institute Cadets
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative of a photograph showing a group of cadets from Whitby Collegiate Institute. They are running drills in the schoolyard.
At right is the school gymnasium which was built in 1889 and demolished after a new gymnasium was added to the main school building in 1927. At left is the Whitby Baptist Church, built in 1869 and demolished in 1977.
- Whitby Collegiate Institute was built in 1873 and was located on the south side of Colborne Street between King and Centre Streets. The school was demolished in 1975-1976.
- Date of Original
Width: 6 cm
Height: 6.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8779741378353 Longitude: -78.9448356628418
- Recommended Citation
- Whitby Collegiate Institute Cadets, c.1924, Whitby Archives, 10-001-027.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.