Whitby Collegiate Institute Forge Room, 1918
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative of a photograph of the forge room at Whitby Collegiate Institute that appeared in a school brochure. The forge room was in a wooden building behind the school.
- Whitby Collegiate Institute was built in 1873 and was located on the south side of Colborne Street between King and Centre Streets. The school was demolished in 1975-1976.
- Printed underneath the image: 'The Forge Room./Farm Mechanics/This subject deals with the operation of the farm workshop.The accompanying illustrations will convey some idea as to the equipment of our workshop.'
- Date of Original
Width: 6 cm
Height: 6.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8780978742517 Longitude: -78.9446640014648
- Recommended Citation
- Whitby Collegiate Institute Forge Room, 1918, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 10-001-023
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.