Whitby Collegiate Institute Calisthenics Class, 1888
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative of a photograph of a Whitby Collegiate Institute girls' calisthenics (physical education) class. The girls, dressed in uniforms, are posing with shovels. The man in the background with the Whitby Collegiate Institute banner is the class instructor, James McBrien.
- The Whitby Collegiate Institute was built in 1873 and was located on the south side of Colborne Street between King and Centre Streets. The school was demolished in 1975-1976.
- Date of Original
- October 1888
Width: 6 cm
Height: 6.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8780978742517 Longitude: -78.9448356628418
- Recommended Citation
- Whitby Collegiate Institute Calisthenics Class, 1888, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 10-001-003.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.