Whitby Collegiate Institute Calisthenics Class, 1888
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative of a photograph of a Whitby Collegiate Institute girls' calisthenics (physical education) class. The girls, dressed in uniforms, are lined up holding swords and shields with crosses on them.
- The Whitby Collegiate Institute was built in 1873 and was located on the south side of Colborne Street between King and Centre Streets. The school was demolished in 1975-1976.
- Date of Original
- October 1888
Width: 6 cm
Height: 6.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8780978742517 Longitude: -78.9447498321533
- Recommended Citation
- Whitby Collegiate Institute Calisthenics Class, 1888, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 10-001-001.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.