Girls from Whitby Collegiate Institute, c.1906
- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative of a photograph showing a class from the Whitby Collegiate Institute. The girls are dressed in similar white dresses and they are holding flower wreaths. They might be dressed up for May Day festivities or graduation.
Back row: Eva Bell, Edna Mathison, Gertrude Paxton, Lillian Nicholson, Clara Perrin, unidentified.
Middle row: Daisy Westlake, Irene Hyland, Florence Armstrong, Edith Wilson, Kate Smith.
Front row: Edith Barnes (far right).
- The Whitby Collegiate Institute was built in 1873 and was located on the south side of Colborne Street between King and Centre Streets. The school was demolished in 1975-1976.
- Date of Original
Width: 14 cm
Height: 11 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.88342 Longitude: -78.93287
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Girls from Whitby Collegiate Institute, c.1906, unknown photographer. Whitby Archives. 10-001-059
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.