Parade for the Opening of the Pavement in Downtown Whitby
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Black and white negative of a photograph taken from the second floor showing the parade celebrating the opening of the pavement on Brock and Dundas Streets. A line of young boys are marching in the parade.
View looking north on Brock Street toward Dundas Street.
- Brock and Dundas Streets were paved in 1921. The Honourable F. C. Biggs, Minister of Public Works, dedicated the pavement in a special ceremony at Brock and Dundas Streets. There were 40 floats in the parade.
- Date of Original:
- 29 September 1921
Width: 2.5 cm
Height: 3.5 cm
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- Parade for the opening of the pavement in downtown Whitby, September 1921, unknown photographer. Whitby Archives. 30-017-018
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address