Parade for the Opening of Pavement in Downtown Whitby, 1921
- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Black and white negative of a photograph of two decorated bicycles proceeding south on Brock Street during the parade to celebrate the opening of the pavement on Brock and Dundas Streets.
The bicycle on the left is shaped like a ship and the other is decorated with lanterns.
- Brock and Dundas Streets were paved in 1921. The Honourable F. C. Biggs, Minister of Public Works, dedicated the pavement in a special ceremony at Brock and Dundas Streets. There were 40 floats in the parade.
Walter Bunn; Warship, second prize
Wilfred Bradbury; Girl surrounded by Japanese Lanterns
- Date of Original:
- 29 September 1921
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Parade for Opening of Pavement in Downtown Whitby, 1921, Unknown photographer. Whitby Archives 30-017-001
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address