Crowd Waiting for the Royal Train
- Marjorie G. Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Black and white negative of a group of people standing behind a rope at the Canadian Pacific Railway station on Brock Street in Whitby. They are awaiting the arrival of the Royal Train with King George VI and Queen Elizabeth on board.
Metcalfe Foods Ltd. can be seen in the background at right.
From left to right: unidentified, Helen Hoar, unidentified, ____ Richardson, Edie Hoar, Gladys Dilling, Bill Dilling, unidentified, Vega Vaselesky.
- In May 1939 King George VI and Queen Elizabeth made a royal tour of Canada. They stopped in Whitby for about ten minutes.
- Date of Original:
- 22 May 1939
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Crowd Waiting for Royal Train, May 1939
Marjorie G. Ruddy
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from original negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address