Family of Thomas Hall Wilson, 1908
- George I. Wilson, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Black and white negative of a photograph of the family of Thomas Hall Wilson celebrating the 50th wedding anniversary of Thomas and Catherine Wilson.
The family is seated at a table on a lawn on Way Street in Brooklin, Ontario. The house in the background. Thomas Hall Wilson is the bearded man, second from the left. His wife, Catherine is seated to his left.
- Thomas Hall Wilson (1837-1913), eldest son of James (1807-1890) and Elizabeth (1818-1889) Wilson, married Catherine DeGeer (1837-1913) at Whitchurch Township in 1858; they had six children: Mary Hannah Wilson (1860-1942), William James Wilson (1862-1915), Amanda Elizabeth Wilson (1864-1952), Charles Herbert Wilson (1866-1943), Kate Annett Wilson (1869-1953), George Iolum Wilson (1872-1954).
James And Elizabeth Wilson emigrated from Yorkshire, England settling at Whitby in the 1830s. Thomas was a harness maker and operated a toll gate on Concession 1. He also took up other trades throughout his life.
George Wilson was an Oshawa-Whitby photographer. He was the successor of the Whitby photographic studio operated by Stedham & O'Brien at the corner of Dundas and Brock Streets.
- Date of Original:
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Personal Name(s):
- Wilson, Thomas Hall
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Thomas Hall Wilson and Family, c.1908
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address