Family of John Munroe Lynde
- George I. Wilson
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Black and white negative of a photograph of the family of of John and Mary Elizabeth Lynde. The photograph was taken in a studio. The image of Mary Elizabeth Lynde was added to the photograph after - she died in 1901.
Back row: Alberta May Lynde (1891-1972), Walter Cleveland Lynde (1887-1976), William Ewart Gladstone Lynde (1895-1970), Francis Percival Lynde (1893-1977), George Bateson Lynde (1897-1969), Agnes Louella Lynde (1889-1966).
Front row: Mabel Gertrude Lynde (1886- ), Mary Elizabeth Lynde (nee Bell; 1865-1901), Winnifred Ross Lynde (1899-1967), John Munroe LYnde (1860-1922)
- Jabez Lynde (1773-1856) was born in Brookfield, MA. He married Clarissa Woodruff (1774-1830) in 1796. In 1803 Jabez and Clarissa emigrated to Canada, settling at the area now known as Lynde Creek in 1804.
Sylvester Bernard Lynde (1800-1883), eldest son of Jabez and Clarissa, married Louisa Mary Smith in 1822 and moved north to lot 32 on Conession 4, Maple Dell Farm. The couple had five children: Louisa, Charles Alfred, Jabez, Amanda, and Magdalene. Sylvester was remarried in 1843 to Frances Phillips (1822-1895). They had eight children.
Charles Alfred Lynde (1827-1912), eldest son of Sylvester and Louisa, married Catherine Kingston Hyde Holmes (1829-1889) in 1848. The couple had twleve surviving children: Alfred Wallace (1849-1913), James Sylvester (1852-1927), Thomas O'Callaghan (1854-1930), Jabez Warren, Alana/Alma Frederica (1858-1916), John Munroe (1860-1922), Charles Albert (1863-1943), William Duncan (1864-1957), Isabella Christine May Rose (1867-1957), Warner Woodruff (1869-1969), Henry Warren (1871-1945), and Catherine Hyde Holmes (1873-1967).
John Munroe Lynde married Mary Elizabeth Bell (1865-1901). The couple had eight children.
- Date of Original:
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Whitby Archives.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address