- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Black and white negative of a photograph inside the McKay family home which was located at the south-east corner of Centre and Gilbert Streets. There are four people seated around a table but only three are identified.
From left to right: Unidentified, Donald McKay (1837-1914), Alice McKay (nee Noble; -1924), and J.E. Farewell.
- Donald McKay (1837-1914) and Alice Noble ( -1924) had six children: Estella, Ambrose Noble, James Donald, John, Emily Alice, and Janet Louise.
Donald taught at Markham Township for a number of years before retiring to mercantile life. He was appointed Ontario County Treasurer in 1890 and held the position until his death.
Following her father's death, Emily Alice McKay was appointed Treasurer of Ontario County. She held the position until she retired in 1947.
- Date of Original:
Width: 6 cm
Height: 6 cm
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- Whitby Archives
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address