- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative of a photograph showing a neighbourhood tea party at the Borrowman residence which was located at 214 Trent Street West on the north side between Byron and Centre Streets. The women are seated on chairs holding teacups.
From left to right: Louisa Borrowman (1851-1914), Margaret Borrowman (1840-1927), Eva Bell, Edna Mathison (1887-1982), Mrs. Mary Mathison (nee Hobson; 1850-1934)
- James Borrowman (1800-1876) and Margaret Murray (1809-1854) were married Ayrshire, Scotland in 1839. They had seven children there and came to Canada, settling at Port Whitby in 1854.
Their seven children were: Margaret (1840-1927), Adam (1842-1912), Elizabeth (1843-1905), James (1845- ), Charles Owen (1847-1915), John (1848- ), and Louisa (1851-1914).
- Date of Original
Width: 12 cm
Height: 10 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8732719636053 Longitude: -78.9414024353027
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Whitby Archives
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.