Norman McCarl with King Clancy and Busher Jackson at Maple Leaf Gardens
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Black and white negative of a photograph of Norman McCarl (centre) with King Clancy (left) and Busher Jackson in the dressing room at Maple Leaf Gardens.
- Norman Russell McCarl (1884-1939) was born in Whitby and moved to Toronto where he worked for the Toronto Transit Commission for 27 years.
McCarl was the first shareholder in Maple Leaf Gardens and was a regular visitor to the dressing room after games.
McCarl had to have one of his legs amputated when he was seven due to an infection but he participated in many sports. He died at Toronto on 20 March 1939.
- Date of Original:
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Whitby Archives
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address