Black and white negative of a photograph of the ruins of Metcalfe Foods Limited following a fire at the canning factory.
Metcalfe Foods was a cannery located on the west side of Brock Street just south of the Canadian Pacific Railway. It was built in 1936. In 1943 it was sold to Stokely Van Camp. The cannery closed in 1990.