Ontario Hospital Men at Whitby Junction Station Leaving for the Second World War
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white negative depicting a photograph of the Ontario Hospital Workers gathered at Whitby Junction Station prior to leaving for service in the Second World War. Most of the men appear to be seated on a grand stand. There is a large Union Jack flag in the background.
- The Whitby Junction station stood at the site of the east end of the present Go Transit platform from 1903 to February 1970 when it was moved to the corner of Victoria and Henry Streets. It was moved across the road to Iroquois Park in October 2004. The men in the photograph were the first group of volunteers to leave for overseas service.
- "Ontario Hospital Men at Whitby CNR Station Leaving Leaving in First Group to Go to War 1939-40 (WWII)"
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
- c. 1939-1940
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.88342 Longitude: -78.93287
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative