Mrs. William Waterhouse with her first son George Waterhouse, c. 1865
- Williamson, C.F., Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white portrait photograph of Mrs. William Waterhouse and her first son George. Mrs. Waterhouse is pictured holding her infant son George who appears to be wearing a Christening or Baptism gown.
- Mrs. William Waterhouse (Elizabeth Ann Anderson) was born in Scotland and came to Whitby with her husband about 1874. She lived in Whitby for many years and died at her daughter's residence in Acton, Ontario on May 18, 1925.
George Waterhouse was born in Scotland. He learned the express business in Whitby with George P. Yule. He was later a travelling auditor for the Canadian Express Company for 50 years. He died at Kingston, Ontario on May 15, 1947.
Mrs. William Waterhouse is buried at Union Cemetery, Oshawa and George Waterhouse is buried in Kingston, Ontario.
- Date of Original:
- c. 1865
Width: 10 cm
Height: 12.5 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 10cm
Image Height: 12.5cm
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address