Mrs. Samuel H. Cochrane, c. 1860
- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white portrait photograph of Mrs. Samuel H. Cochrane (Emily Ann Stone), 1839-1919.
- Emily Ann Stone was born in Whitby Township, on July 12, 1839, and was married to Whitby lawyer Samuel H. Cochrane at Whitby on March 17, 1860. Mr. Cochrane was Crown Attorney of Ontario County from 1863 to 1872. Mrs. Cochrane continued to live in Whitby after her husband's death on April 23, 1872 and moved to Chicago in 1888 to live with her daughter. She died at Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A., on June 17, 1919 and was buried at Union Cemetery, Oshawa.
This photograph was taken, likely in Whitby, around the time of her marriage in 1860 and was copied by a Chicago photographer about 1890.
- Bottom of photograph reads: "Brands Studio/ Extra Finish"
- Date of Original
- c. 1860
- Local identifier
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a copy negative.