Dedication of cross at Legion Plot in Groveside Cemetery, 1936
- Mystery Question:
Can you identify any of the people in this photo?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white photograph of a large wooden cross at the dedication of the cross ceremony at the Legion Plot in Groveside Cemetery. At left partly obscured behind the cross is the Venerable G. Warren, Archdeacon of York Diocese, who conducted the dedication ceremony. To his right is Reverend E. Ralph Adye, Rector of All Saints' Anglican Church and Chaplain of the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 112, Whitby.
- Reverend E. Ralph Adye was Rector of All Saints' Anglican Church from 1930 to 1941.
The soldiers' plot at Groveside Cemetery was established in 1933 and the wooden cross was replaced by a stone cross in 1959.
- Date of Original:
- July 26, 1936
Width: 6 cm
Height: 6 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 6cm
Image Height: 6cm
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- Dedication of cross at Legion Plot in Groveside Cemetery, 1936, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives 29-004-018.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address