Wedding Photograph of Dr. and Mrs. J.J. Hare, September 28, 1874
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white Wedding photograph of Rev. Dr. John James Hare (1847-1922)and Katherine Isabella McDowell.
- Rev. Dr. John James Hare (1847-1922) was the first principal of the Ontario Ladies' College at Trafalgar Castle from 1874 to 1915.
He was married September 28, 1874 to Katherine Isabella McDowell at Barrie, Ontario.
Dr. Hare was born in Nepean Township, Canada West, in 1847 and died at Rochester, Minnesota, U.S.A., in 1922.
Katherine Isabella McDowell (Mrs. Hare) was born in 1854, and died at Rockford, Illinois, U.S.A., on March 11, 1922.
Both are buried at Union Cemetery, Oshawa.
Photograph reprinted in the Gazette and Chronicle, June 12, 1924 Ontario Ladies' College (O.L.C.) Jubilee edition.
- Bottom: THE LATE DR. AND MRS. HARE, At the time of their marriage.
- Date of Original:
- September 28, 1874
Width: 6 cm
Height: 6 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 6cm
Image Height: 6cm
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address