The North Side of the Last Remaining Camp X Building, c.2012
- Lynn Philip Hodgson, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A colour photograph of the north side of the last remaining Camp X building located at 4680 Thickson Road, Whitby, Ontario. In this view two of the windows are boarded up.
- Camp X was a spy training camp and communications centre established by British Security Co-ordination on the shore of Lake Ontario on the border between Whitby and East Whitby Townships. The camp operated from 1941 to 1945. It was used as a government communications centre until 1969. All of the buildings were demolished in 1971-1972 except for one which was moved to 4680 Thickson Road, Whitby, the site of Whitby Animal Services.
- Date of Original:
Width: 5 in
Height: 3 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Hodgson, Lynn Philip
- Corporate Name(s):
- The Lynn Philip Hodgson Camp-X Collection
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date:
- Copyright Holder:
- Lynn Philip Hodgson
- Recommended Citation:
- The North Side of the Last Remaining Camp X Building, c.2012, Lynn Philip Hodgson. Whitby Archives A2017_014_005.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a colour photograph.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address