- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour photograph of the Station Gallery in Whitby.
- The Whitby Junction Station was built at the foot of Byron Street on the Grand Trunk Railway in 1903 near the current GO Transit platform. The station closed in 1969 and in 1970 it was moved to the north-east corner of Victoria and Henry Streets for use as an art gallery. In 2004 the Station Gallery was moved across the road to Whitby Iroquois Park.
This photograph is one of 19 promotional photographs highlighting a variety of Whitby's buildings and spaces, including businesses, Town facilities, and industry.
- Label under photo:
"Whitby Arts Station Gallery
1453 Henry St., Whitby 416-668-4185
Formerly CNR station, now arts centre - built 1903"
- Date of Original
Width: 35 cm
Height: 27.5 cm
- Corporate Name(s)
- Station Gallery
- Local identifier
- Digital Photographs
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.88342 Longitude: -78.93287
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Recommended Citation
- Station Gallery, ca. 1983, photographer unknown. Whitby Archives photograph D2016_004_018.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from photograph on hardboard. Originals have been deaccessioned.