Lake Ontario Steel Company Limited (LASCO)
- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Colour photograph of the interior of the Lake Ontario Steel Company Limited (LASCO) facility in Whitby.
- Lake Ontario Steel Company Limited (LASCO) was built on the former site of the farm of William Hough, on Hopkins Street, south of Highway 401. It opened in May 1964.
This photograph is one of 19 promotional photographs highlighting a variety of Whitby's buildings and spaces, including businesses, Town facilities, and industry.
- Label under photo:
"Lake Ontario Steel Company Limited
Hopkins St. Whitby 416-668-8811
Electric furnace steelmaking of steelbars & structural shapes
'Lasco consumes more electricity than the entire Town of Whitby' "
- Date of Original:
Width: 35 cm
Height: 27.5 cm
- Corporate Name(s):
- Lake Ontario Steel Company Limited (LASCO)
- Local identifier:
- Digital Photographs
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Recommended Citation:
- Lake Ontario Steel Company Limited (LASCO), ca. 1983, photographer unknown. Whitby Archives photograph D2016_004_002.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from photograph on hardboard. Originals have been deaccessioned.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address