Oldest Members of Whitby Fire Department, 1939
- Marjorie G. Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white negative of four of the oldest members of the Whitby Fire Department pictured with a silver coffee urn that was awarded to the Whitby Fire Department at a firefighters convention in Port Hope in 1889. The urn was acquired by antique collector Gertrude Drew and she bequeathed it to the Whitby Fire Department on her death in 1990. In this view they are wearing their dress uniforms and hats.
From left to right: George Mowat, William H. Smith, William Thompson, and Arthur G. Hopper.
- The photograph was taken in the backyard of Honorary Fire Chief William Smith located at the north-east corner of Euclid and Mary Streets in order to celebrate the 50th anniversary of winning the silver coffee urn.
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8808200104039 Longitude: -78.9474105834961
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Marjorie Ruddy
- Recommended Citation
- Oldest Members of Whitby Fire Department, 1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_1013A.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.