Cattle on a Country Road, May 23, 1938
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white negative of cattle grazing along a country road. Wooden rail fences line the fields along the road. Sheep are visible in the distance. The negative envelope states that the unidentified road is in "Durham County".
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
- 23 May 1938
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.88342 Longitude: -78.943856328125
- Recommended Citation
- Cattle on a Country Road, May 23, 1938, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_984B.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.