Brooklin School Class, Room 2, 1924
- J. B. Hastings, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white class photograph of students sitting (and standing) on the steps of Brooklin Public and Continuation School. From left to right:
Back (Fourth) Row: Hilda Harris, Ruth Bickle, Florence Brooking, Margaret Draper, Olive Lawrence, Eleanor Mackey, Doris Batty, Pearl Bailey, Kathleen Patterson, Eva Brooking, Helen Vipond, Miss Stillman (Teacher).
Third Row: 'Kiki' Johns, Winston Wilson, Lewis Vipond, Margaret Blight, Lillian Bailey, Noreen Patterson, John Batty, Ralph Hunter, Hugh Ross, Fred Jones, Evelyn Elliot.
Second Row: Clayton Cassady, Jim Patterson, Ivory Jakeman, unidentified, Ted Luke, Leonard Routley, Ross DeHart, Roy Ormiston.
First Row: Sam Delve, unidentified, Ernest Quantz, Bill Luke, Richard Bickle, Frank Cairns, Lewis DeHart, Alfred Wilson.
- This picture was taken on the steps of the Public and Continuation School at the south east corner of Highway 12 and Winchester Road. The Brooklin Public and Continuation School was built in 1923 and demolished in 1982. This photograph was printed on page 13 of "100 Years of Brooklin Schools". In the identifying information, the book "100 Years of Brooklin Schools" identified Luther Vipond as the unidentified student in the second and first rows. Bill Luke in the front row was identified as "Ted" Luke. In it unclear at this time which is correct.
- Date of Original:
- April 26, 1924
Width: 4 cm
Height: 3.5 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 4cm
Image Height: 3.5cm
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Brooklin School Class, Room 2, 1924. J. B. Hastings. Whitby Archives 25-000-092
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address